Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Follow up to Expansion tank with hot water

On 6 Jun 2006 13:07:41 -0700 someone who may be "Pablo"
wrote this:-

Much appreciated. I turned the hot water on and watched the tank to see
what happened. There was a continuous steady flow of hot water from the
vent pipe into the expansion tank. It showed no sign of stopping. Very
disconcerting. I have now shut the system down pending a plumber
visiting on Wednesday. I had a new pump fitted two months ago. Perhaps
they set it too quick.

Can the pump speed be reduced? Normally there is a switch on the
pump.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh