Posted to uk.people.silversurfers,uk.d-i-y,uk.railway,uk.misc
David

Default [OT] Face value of stamps and the costs of posting

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:02:50 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

showing the values of
combinations of 1st and 2nd, from which I pick a convenient value at or
just below the target.

Yes, but if you use a 2nd class stamps as part of a combination the whole
thing can be treated as second class :-(

Please explain.

Apparently there's a something on the stamps - I can't remember the words
but some smarty pants here will insert them. Photo something perhaps ... I
can't be bothered raking through the remaining grey cells :-)

If there are any stamps which display this 'code' on an envelope or packet
it will make the whole sum of the stamps, even if all the others are coded
as 1st class, be shunted into the 2nd class system.

Its a phosphur stripe.
The rates will be more complicated from August where instead of just
the weight, the size will also determine the cost.

Dave