Posted to uk.people.silversurfers,uk.d-i-y,uk.people.consumers.ebay
Bert

Default [OT] Face value of stamps and the costs of posting

Mary Fisher ] said

"Owain" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
I send a lot of packets and parcels and it's frustrating. I've asked
Royal Mail about it but haven't had a satisfactory reply. I have to keep
a large stock of stamps which is quite an investment. The alternative is
to go to the post office several times a week which costs time and petrol
so is environmentally unfriendly. Most of our packets are small enough to
go into a pillar box but weigh more than 100g.

You could try Smartstamp from www.royalmail.com which allows you to print
postage labels online. It does cost 4.99 a month (or 49.99 a year) but
with the cost of petrol these days it might be worth it.

Thanks, but it's not worthwhile for us.

Mary

Why not just keep a small stock of stamps and go to the post office as
infrequently as you can, just when you need to top up. Buying an average
fortnight's worth of stamps ahead of time wouldn't cost any more than
you would spend in the next fortnight anyway and you would save a small
fortune in trips.