Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Difference between a single and double circ. breaker??

Absolutely correct. Sometimes I type to fast for my brain

"Stan" wrote in message

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
You're correct, single breakers provide attachment to one hot leg and
double breakers provide attachment to two legs of the panel buss. If your
double pole breaker has a red and a black wire attached to it, you will
get 240 volts. My guess is that the outlet has either the red or the
black and a white attached to it. It is common to run three wire circuits
for kitchen outlets, which will provide to 120 volt circuits

Re above: Should that not read "......., which will provide TWO 120 volt
circuits"?????