Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Curious Ridgid Power Tool Warranty

"Leon" wrote in message

be of benefit. As an example, I bought my son a Dell laptop for college.

went through the school links to get to the Dell site and added the 4 year
extended warranty that includes faster service and accidental breakage.

The
warranty cost about $500 extra but going through the school I ended up

with
$600 in discounts plus a $200 rebate. The advantage as you stated was

that
when the hard drive failed the computer was up and running in less than 24
hours and we had a more direct phone number to call to get warranty
assistance with out having to wait on hold for more than 3 or 4 minutes.

IMO, that was a smart move. I did the same thing for my youngster's Dell
when going off to college, including the insurance for dorm room disasters.
After two and half years, so far so good.

Like most policies of any type, if you have it, you won't need it, and vice
versa.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06