Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

Default Post Hole Borer - landscaping question.

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:24:49 +0100, Steve Lowe wrote:

I'm doing a bit of hard landscaping in the back garden putting in some
Marshall's woodstone posts and sleepers. the posts are 150x150mm x
600m long and need 200mm of their depth concreting in.

Care to look at you units? A 600 metre post (some post!) with only 200
milli metres in the ground? The only thing I'm moderately sure about is
the 150 x 150 being a nominal 6 inch square post. B-)

I'm not a great fan of concreting in timber posts, unless the bottom of
the post is left open to let any water out. Otherwise the post ends up
sitting in the water contained by the enclosing concrete. A decent bit of
timber well treated will last in the ground anyway. You don't see
telegraph poles set in concrete. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail