Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT

Default Mower trouble?

The oil can get to the carb via the crankcase vent tube. Just run it and
make sure the oil is still full. you may have to clean the plug if it
fouls. Water will not make smoke.

--
Steve Barker

"Airkings" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello all,

I could use some advice. I was checking the blade on my newer Toro push
mower , Model 20053, and had it tilted on it's side. There was no gas in
the tank, but it had full oil. While it was on it's side (air filter up),
I rotated the blade 180 degrees to check the other cutting edge. I heard a
"gloop gloop", and promptly tilted it upright again.

When I started the mower, it was kicking out white smoke. I think some
fluid got into a chamber it wasn't supposed to be in. However, I don't
know what and where.

Can anyone tell me what happened? And what should I do now? If no one
knows for sure, I plan to change everything down to the spark plug.

Thanks in advance!

--
Dave