Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tech Data

Default CRT pinout for toshiba TV?

John wrote:
Have a toshiba cd35d60 with a green gun that sometimes doesn't fire -- the
screen would turn magenta.
Sometimes it cycles between normal and magenta while on.
Poking the CRT neck circuit board with a plastic stick restores the green
color, for a
short while. It seems to be a bad contact.

I cleaned the pins on the CRT and put back the neck circuit board, but the
problem remains.

Where can I find a pinout diagram for the CRT (model A89LFL50X02)? If I can
identify the green cathode pin, then I can concentrate on it -- perhaps
solder a wire from that pin directly to the neck board.

If you'll put the stick away and get out a dc meter, you could find the
pin yourself. Follow the collector of the 3 larger transistors to where
they route to the socket. Blue on top right, green towards center and
then red. When working, dc volts should be between 120 and 150. When
the green is not working, then that pin should read between 180 and
200. My money is on a bad solder connection on the board itself. Of
course, that's probably not near as much fun as hitting it with a stick
and soldering a wire to the picture tube but, that's how technicians
would normally go about it.

www.techdata-kicksass.net