Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke

Default poplar wood strong enough for hanging?

Peter Huebner wrote:

In article .com,
says...

Is 1x2 poplar wood strong enough? I was thinking of attaching this
board with 1 or 2 wood screws every 16 or 32 inches on each stud. Is
every 32" sufficient? Is 1.5" screw into the wood stud good
enough(will add screw length for the wood and drywall)? can I get by
with 1" net of screw into the wood stud?

1x4 or 6x3/4 will do. Use at least 2 2-1/2" screws per stud, or 2 3"
nails.

There's no way I would hang a ladder of 1x2 of anything, except aluminium
or steel :-)

I think he means storing the ladder by hanging it on the wall, not hanging
it to climb on.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate