Posted to alt.home.repair
rb608

Default Swimming pool filter questions

"BobK207" wrote in message
I did a little reading on pool filters & one of the sites suggested
adding a "small amount of DE" to a carrtridge filter

I had an astounding experience today with the tech service guy at Hayward.
I described my problem with all of its symptoms and all of the unsuccessful
steps I've taken to solve it. Hayward came to the conclusion that it was
most likely caused by some sort of hole or other cartridge defect allowing
debris to pass through. I asked how I could check the filter without paying
$150 for an uncertainty. The answer was to check every fold in the filter
or, alternatively, he would send me a replacement filter at no charge.

I take back all of the bad things I said. Major kudos to Hayward for this
one. Simply awesome customer service IMHO.

In 2-3 days, I may actually have a functioning filter.

Joe