Posted to rec.woodworking
Redd

Default dust collector hose question

Chris Friesen wrote:
I'm considering the Delta 50-761 dust collector. This thing has either
a 7" inlet or else three 4" inlets, depending on whether the adapter is
in place.

The thing is, 7" hose/pipe is uncommon.

Given this, would it make sense to drop it down to 6" for my runs, or
would I lose airflow that way?

Chris

Chris;
The six inch runs will work fine. The only problem you may have is
that you can only use one machine at a time. The 3 four inch hoses
would allow three machines to run at the same time. Use the one six
inch for each machine and you will have much better dust collection.
The more air flow you have at the machine the better the fine dust gets
collected. You may have to get creative and increase the collection
port size on your machines. Four inch seems to be standard for most
machines.

If you really want to get into dust collection take a look at this web
site. It'll keep ypu busy for a while.
http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyc...yclonePlan.cfm

Red