Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
larry

Default Adjustiing/mod'ing digital thermostat on LG window air conditioner

Dan wrote:
Rheilly Phoull wrote:

I'd be thinking of a pot in parallel or series with the thermistor.
Assuming you dont want to open up the controller to find adjustments.

I thought of that as well, easy enough to check but at the moment I'm
not sure it IS a thermistor...

Dan

my 5K gold star window air:
bg5200er
limited schem on top of black plastic control box)
sensor - thermistor(non polar) in black epoxy glob:
oF ohms
212 = 1.2k
finger(98) = 6.6k
warm room(82) = 7.8k
32 = 26k

negative factor (hotter = lower resistance)

draw a linear chart, see if my numbers are on the line

use ohms law

have fun

-larry / dallas

BTW- if anyone trashes one of these, I would like to buy
your circuit board and keyboard/display. I have a GE I want
to teach new tricks ;-)