Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default portable air conditioner? Window/Water issues

wrote in message

I like the idea of the portable AC unit. I know traditional AC people
cringe. I saw brands like Royal Sovereign and WindChaser in the $300
range. Anyone know about reliability with these brands?

They don't work as well as regular window units and they cost 3X as much.
Newer AC's are lighter and can be pulled out quickly if need be. Properly
installed, you should get no water. I've had different ones in different
windows for 40 years and never had a leak or drip. It must be level.

You may want to consider an awning over the window. Keeps the rain off of
it and keeps the AC cooler.