Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Default new deck help

Dave wrote:
I am going to put a deck on the back of my house. I am wondering what is
the best way to attach the ledger board to the cement block foundation?
Also, the deck will be 12 feet long and 8 feet out from the house. I am
thinking of using the cardboard tubes (filled with cement) for the
footings. The footings would be 6 feet out from the house and 6 feet
apart for the 12 foot length. I would be using 2" x 8" (doubled) treated
lumber for the perimeter. In the future I would like to make this into a
screened-in porch. Would this be o.k.? Any HELPFUL comments or
suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Best way to attach ledger to block would be to use carriage bolts
through to the inside with large washers or steel plate on the inside. I
never have any luck with anchors in block. As others have said, your
building dept will likely have guidelines.