Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson

Default Result - pvc windows fitted - for info

tonyjeffs wrote:
We had a relatively good company fit our house with PVC windows. So now
we match the rest of the street.

The windows themselves are reasonably well made, though each weld
represents a weakness, and despite what the rep said, I doubt they are
steel reinforced.

The measurements were poor in part. Some of the windows are 2cm too
small. This isn't obvious because the shortfall is camaflauged with a
uPVC strip.

Does this compromise the insulation spec of the window ?
Did they fill in the gap with foam, in which case it would probably be
OK ?
Simon.