Posted to alt.home.repair
J. Clarke

Default Hardwood floors on a cement slab?

Autumn wrote:

What do they do to install hardwood floors over a cement slab floor? We
have a tri-level home and I would love to do the family room in the lower
level. So, in reality it is as if it were in a basement. Is this possible
and what has to be done to the floor before laying wood? Or should I be
looking at some of the things like Pergo? The room can be damp at times
despite a dehumidifier being used in the adjoining unfinished room.

Below grade personally I'd tile it. Tile that has been under water is a lot
happier than wood of any kind that has been under water.

If you want a warm surface you can do radiant heat under the tile.

Thanks

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate