Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Hardwood floors on a cement slab?

"Autumn" wrote in message
. com...
What do they do to install hardwood floors over a cement slab floor? We
have a tri-level home and I would love to do the family room in the lower
level. So, in reality it is as if it were in a basement. Is this possible
and what has to be done to the floor before laying wood? Or should I be
looking at some of the things like Pergo? The room can be damp at times
despite a dehumidifier being used in the adjoining unfinished room.

Regular hardwood is not recommended without a lot of prep work like
sleepers, insulation and vapor barriers. Consider using an engineered
hardwood floor like www.mannington.com Mine still looks perfect after 2
years now.