Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default HALOGEN TORCHIER LAMP HELP

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks, Matt. I decided to toss the lamp after I read the posts.
Thanks anyway.

phil
Matt Howell wrote:

(snip)
I've had 3 or 4 crap out like that. I throw away the dimmer, and replace it
with a on-off rotary for about three bucks and ten minutes. (I hate the
buzzing the dimmers make, so only use them on full anyway.) I got the lamps
free, from when I lived in the apartments. At the end of the month (aka
moving day) there were usually 2 or 3 sitting by the dumpsters. Typical ones
these days, the 20 buck specials, are much crappier than the 50 dollar ones
that were common when the style came on the market. The real cheap ones I
left in the dumpster, after stealing the bulb and the little glass
half-round mantle thing for my spares box.

aem sends...