Posted to sci.electronics.repair
CJT

Default OP-Amp Configuration

M.Joshi wrote:
I have attempted an ASCII drawing which can be downloaded from the
following location:

http://three.fsphost.com/Joshi

Filename: Op-Amp Schematic.txt

I hope it makes things a bit clearer - It is the purpose of the
capacitor (C) in the diagram that I am not too sure of?

Isn't there a resistor on the input, too?

Assuming there is, you ought to be able to do a typical op-amp
analysis -- the sum of currents into the virtual ground at the
inverting input will be zero.

Sam Goldwasser Wrote:

M.Joshi writes:

Just to clarify a few points:

I have come across a capacitor on the input which is to block DC; and
also in the feedback loop which gives an Integrator function I
believe
however, in this circuit, there was a resistor in the feedback loop
and
another resistor and capacitor in series to ground from the inverting
input?

Thinking about it now, could it form some sort of filter (Low pass)?

How about drawing the circuit?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header
above is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is
included in the
subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the
FAQs.