Don Bruder

Default Isn't this horse dead YET??? LP tank valve removal UPDATE

In article o19zb.282721$9E1.1469883@attbi_s52,
Loren Coe wrote:

when a 500 or 1000 gal residential tank vents it scares ten years out
of you. all the folks i knew in the NM volunteer fire dept's said
that if you didn't get a hose on it early, you had to just leave it
alone and stand clear. but worse danger is an overfill that
vents, the valve does not close until the tank is empty. you need
to stay a _long_ way away from that one.

That would match...
The first question after "Is anybody inside?" was "Any propane bulk
tanks? Where?" ("Yes, out back, big pig, about 500 gallons, maybe half
full, I think")

First place the hoses went was back to the pig, about 20, maybe 25 feet
from the back wall. The back wall of the house (in fact, it was the
section of bathroom wall that I mentioned was the only thing left
standing in the end) was the only part that wasn't actively burning at
that point, although everything inside, and the entire front, was
blazing away merrily. They put a man with a handline on it, and there
he, or someone like him, stayed for the next 6 hours or so, until the
final bits that were left of the house finally collapsed into the
basement.

--
Don Bruder - --- Preferred Email - SpamAssassinated.
Hate SPAM? See http://www.spamassassin.org for some seriously great info.