Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

Default Dark Cricles in Granite Countertops?

In article , Don Wiss says...

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006, Sacramento Dave wrote:

Granite countertops are not really practical. About all they have going for
them is the granite look is now in.

What is not practical about Granite counter tops? they are
incredibly strong, You can put hot pots one them , they add value to your
home, There nothing that compares to the look. The only extra upkeep is
sealing them every 8 months.

(1) The front edges chip. Especially above the dishwasher.

Never heard of this.

(2) You have to seal them.

Wow. Wipe them down, let dry. Mix martini.

(3) You can't see the dirt or debris, like bits of broccoli.

Depends on the pattern. Again, wipe down. And looking good while in use is a
*good* thing.

(4) No resiliancy. A slight drop of something glass and the glass breaks.
You have to be overly careful setting anything down.

OK, so what. I like tile floors too, I just don't drop stuff.

(5) A dark granite darkens the kitchen. You have to increase your light to
compensate.

Many lighter shades available.

(6) If you put hot pots on them it can crack.

Reference, plaase. This is the only characteristic you purport that concerns
me.

Banty