Posted to alt.home.repair
Les

Default Strange A/C Problem??

I have an 8 yr old house and A/C system. That is my current problem, since
I will be leaving for an extended vacation soon, and am very concerned that
the A/C could shut down while we are away form southern Florida.

About a month ago, we came home one day and it was 80 degrees in house, so I
knew A/C had a problem. Furnace was running, but compressor was not.
Called A/C service and they said to shut off furnace. When tech got there
next day, and turned on furnace, compressor went on OK. They checked every
thing out and it all seemed to be OK. Since it was all running, there was
nothing else to do.

Had A/C service with annual tune-up, and tech said all was OK last
Wednesday. Today, just got home, and it was 79 degrees in house. Furnace
was on, but compressor was not. I shut down furnace for an hour and turned
it on. This time compressor was on. I will call A/C service company to
check out system, but I am concerned that they if system still working,
there is nothing for them to do.

Anyone have a similar problem with a problem such as this? Any
suggestions??