Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default is my refrigerator dyeing???

wrote:
My refrigerator is running..........however, everything in the freezer
has defrosted, and the refrigerator part stuff is just
semi-cold.......I turned the controls all the way to the coldest. I
do not understand what could have caused this, and what should I do?
Is it on its way out? It's a Whirlpool, and it does appear to be
quite old. It was here when I bought the house 3 yrs ago, I have no
idea how old it is.
thanks in advance for any advice!
Melissa

First I second Edwin's suggestion.

I would suggest removing all food and leaving the door propped open
overnight. (Remember to make it safe from children and animals while the
door is open - SAFETY first.) If it starts working then it was likely a
frosted up evaporator coil. Next problem is to find out why. (this is a
variation of what Tony was suggesting.)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit