Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

Default Pinout needed: Telefunken 603 tranisistor

"funky" wrote in message
From the 50's perhaps. A long black Ge with a dot near one leg. From
an old reel to reel tape recorder. The dot is the collector, center
leg is base and other is the emitter? Thank you for your time.

Guessing OC603. Package info sounds right, and it checks out right for
type, but a little later than 50's. Transistors didn't really start getting
into consumer stuff until the early sixties. I couldn't find any package
data in any of my old books, but the connections to blacked-glass
transistors with domed tops, was usually as you say ie E-B-C with the
collector marked with a red dot. Sometimes, there was also a slightly larger
space between the B-C legs, than the E-B legs. My data says that AC125 is
good enough equivalent

Arfa