Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

Default Attaching Jamb Extensions

Buck Turgidson wrote:
I have a fiberglass exterior door that I am getting ready to install. I
need to install some jamb extensions provided by the manufacturer. Both the
wood jamb and extensions have a primer finish. Their directions say to
attach it with galvanized finish nails.

Instead, I was thinking of using some carpenter's glue and some finish nails
from my nailer. I would putty over the nails and paint.

Is my method ok? Will the glue still hold with the primer finish? The door
is underneath a porch roof and never receives rain.

Jamb extensions are usually on the inside, but glue and nails will work
fine either way.