Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Draught Excluder - Door Seal

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 13:03:44 GMT, Mike wrote:

Hi People

I have a wooden front door ( about 20 years old I think ) and the door
seal has perished but it's of an unusual type.

The seal is not adhesive but is inserted into a groove within the Jam,
when removed from the groove it has a P profile, with the tail of the
P being inserted into the groove.

Does anyone know where to source a replacement for this? I don't
really want to put the self afdhesive stuff from the sheds on here as
I don't think it would be as robust and it would be good to replace it
with the same type

Many thanks

Regards
Mike

Havent seen that type but can I suggest the type that is a metal ( usually
brass) strip that has a rubber seal attached and gets pinned to the door
surround and the rubber seal presses against the door face creating a seal.

Stuart