Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G

Default vise grip conspiracy theories?

"John Doe" wrote in message
..

More trivia. Not that it matters, but how come when Lowe's asks over
the PA system for help with customer assistance, they repeat the
request in Spanish?

They do that here, they might not do that where you live.

I never noticed that in the Lowe's in AZ, the 17 years I lived there or
here, now in Illinois. I would imagine, however, it's for the benefit of
their customers, not their employees. You've undoubtedly noticed more and
more Latino customers in all stores, especially stores catering to lawn care
professionals. If I were shopping in a store and heard an announcement in a
language that I did not understand, I would be concerned that there might be
a serious problem that required evacuation. Just a necessary courtesy these
days. Before I retired from Sears, we had started announcing the end of day
store closing in both English and Spanish. Otherwise, some of our customers
just kept right on shopping.

Tom G.