Gunner

Default First lathe: Grizzly, Lathemaster, or used Atlas?

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:05:55 GMT, "John"
wrote:

Thanks Gunner....
One link made me aware of a sales operation in Pawtucket, RI which is about
one hour away from me.... convenient!

Chuckle...I posted the listing (spanning only about 4 days), just on
stuff under $1500 which is what was apparently the buyers spending
limit. I figure, and perhaps Im all washed up...that buying a "real"
lathe is much better than buying something that not only subsidizes a
hostile nation, but one that is questionable about its quality,
versatility and utility.

Particularly when there are so many decent "real" lathes out there for
peanuts (all things considered)

Gunner

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On 1 Dec 2003 23:17:00 -0800, (Ben) wrote:

Lathemaster

http://www.tedatum.com/thms/lathemaster.html
http://stickman4.homestead.com/8x14lathe.html

http://www.mini-lathe.com/Mini_lathe..._7x.htm#lm8x14

Lathe

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=12 72

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=63 3
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=63 3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=12 72

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=12 72

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=12 72
!!!!!

"No man shall be debarred the use of arms.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm those only who are

neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the

assailants.
They ought to be designated as laws not preventative but fearful of

crimes,
produced by the tumultuous impression of a few isolated facts, and not by
thoughtful consideration of the inconveniences and advantages of a

universal decree."
- Thomas Jefferson