Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimmie D

Default Broken showerhead wall pipe

"willshak" wrote in message
My wife started to remove the showerhead pipe that goes to the wall and
when she started to turn the pipe it broke leaving part of the pipe
still in the wall and now I cant seem to find a way to remove that left
over pipe, so I cant put in another pipe until I remove the old one.
Can someone help me on removal of that piece still left in the wall?
Thank you...Tony

Check the room adjacent to the plumbing. Shower/bath plumbing is usually
in a wall which serves as a back or side wall of a closet in the adjacent
room. If so, cut a hole in the closet wall to get to the plumbing. You
might be able to get a pipe wrench on the broken pipe. Douse it with
liquid wrench or WD-40 before you start. If successful, you can either
patch the closet wall up after you are done, or if not a big hole, screw a
piece of plywood over the hole so you can get to it easier next time.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

All good advice, start with the least destructive first. The inside pipe
wrench looks intersesting . I have never seen one before but I have a table
that the legs lock into place using the same type of mechanism, interesting.
I have taken these out using the nipple extractor as previously mentioned
and have also been able to get the pipe with needle nosed vice grip locking
pliers. Good luck.