Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

Default Treating a well

wrote:

One solution I've

used on my own well ....

How much did this cost you? That said that this would be an option
also... but it was very expensive ($2000). Is it something I could put
in myself?

Don't tell anyone g, but I built this myself.
I bought a used chemical feed pump (Peristaltic)
on eBay. It pumps a few drops of solution out of
a Gallon jug and into the bladder tank inlet.
There is a stainless check valve to handle the
corrosion.

The pump must be able to build pressure greater
than the bladder water pressure.

Many ways to control it, but I chose a timer
to allow the feed pump to run for a few seconds
each time the well pump comes on.

Jim