Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Questions about Roof Repair

joseph Varga wrote:
I am having my hail damaged roof repaired. Do I need to replace the
Turbos and other air vents on the roof? How much benifit to having a
30 year instead of 20 year roof installed given it hail hard twice a
year?

In my experience turbos are not very reliable and are short lived, so if
you feel you really really must have them, then I would take the opportunity
to replace them. As for other air vents, chances are the only damage was
cosmetic, unless they are very visible I would not bother.

When I had my hail damage replace I went for the upgraded roof. The
thirty year roof I choose also was an architectural upgrade so it looked
better. I was able to trade off the replacement of gutters and down spouts
for the roof upgrade. The gutters and down spouts were slightly dented but
fully functional and for the most part the most damage was on the private
side of the house.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit