Posted to alt.home.repair
ianjones

Default PEX... fittings really supposed to be that loose before crimping?

Sort of unrelated but I used PEX to replace some outside faucet runs
and used quick connect fittings from Lowes. They worked great and
everything just snaps together with a perfect seal. I hope it proves to
be a good product.

Noozer wrote:
Going to be adding a faucet in our laundry room and I've gotten all the
materials I need, except the crimper (picking it up today).

I did a dry run and the 1/2" pex fittings sure seem loose inside the 1/2"
line.

Will the metal crimp ring really tighten this up or am I missing something?