Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus

Default waterborne polyurethane

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 15:06:55 -0400, donald girod
wrote:

I think that this material is a truly lazy-friendly product. Have
others noticed these things? It could be brand-specific, I have really
only used Parks "Pro Finisher".

Yeah, it is. I think it gets a bad rap- I like the millwork aspect a
whole lot more than the finishing in woodworking, and waterbourne poly
gets used a fair amount in my home shop. No complaints from anyone so
far- in fact, the Wreck is the only place I've ever heard of it being
so reviled. Most customers expect it on their finished piece these
days, and will make odd faces if you give them something that has been
finsihed with shellac or similar.