Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback

Default O.T. cost of having electric disconnected/reconnected to pole.

Colin Wilson wrote:
What`s the first part of your postcode ?

ST12

Sorry for the slow reply - I don`t think Scottish Power are the REC for
that postcode area (parts of ST7 only IIRC)

You may find that tree cutting has its own department in the REC that
does cover that area, and they will trim the tree for free around the
path of the line to ensure the security of the supply - which in turn
would allow the tree to be chopped in relative safety.

Thank you all for your replies, I will try some other tree surgeons,
this one was the only one who has given me a written estimate out off
the first batch I have tried. Ideally I wanted one who would deal with
the local council to get the removal permission, most want the
permission first, so I will apply to the council myself and see how I fare.