Posted to alt.home.repair
Fire & Ice

Default washing machine trips breaker

wrote in message
ups.com...
There are two dog related parts that I can think of. Agitator dogs are
little cams that give ratchetiing action to the agitator auger. Or, a
wig-wag, so called because it moves back and forth, is an
electro-magnet that operates spin and agitation action in older belt
drive models. I can't imagine that either would cause your breaker to
flip. You could have a breaker problem. Have you considered that?

This is an older house. Not sure exactly how old though, since we are
renting. When the problem first started I did think that maybe it was a
breaker.
I also noticed this evening when it happened again, whenever I flipped the
breaker back to turn it on, there were sparks in the breaker box. Don't feel
too secure with that going on. Not sure if it has happened before since I
never really looked when flipping the switch.
When my husband comes home next weekend he will check them out.

Thanks for all the advice and responses.

--
~Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.