Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Outdoor clear sealer that lasts?

"trs80" wrote in message
ok...thanks. I didnt think there was anything. Ill got ahead and use
Behr 10yr solid stain.

Go ahead, but don't think it will last you 10 years on the deck.

Note the word "vertical in their application guide

WHERE TO USE
Smooth or rough sawn Exterior vertical wood surfaces such as: Plywood,
Fences, Patio Covers, Shingles, Shakes, Siding, Laminates, and Masonry and
Stucco Surfaces.

They do have a Deck Plus stain, but makes no mention about 10 years. that is
because it won't last 10 years. I think they are optimistic about 5 years

LIMITED WARRANTY Behr Process Corporation warrants customer satisfaction
with this product for 15 years on vertical surfaces and for 5 years on
horizontal surfaces from date of purchase, when applied to a properly
prepared surface in accordance with the label directions.