Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric chain saw-motor burnt out

wrote:
Doug wrote:
I don't think it's a chainbrake issue since the motor turns freely by
hand, but thanks for the suggestion.
Doug

Well, I would think in the electric, they might just "kill switch" the
motor somehow....don't know, just a random thought.

Once, in a moment of insanity (since I never loan my saws out), a
neighbor borrowed one of my saws, called me the next day and said he
was sorry, he had broken it, but he'd take it in and have it fixed.

Called me a few days later, a bit embarrased. He'd been trying to use
it while the chainbrake was on. Guys at the shop had a bit of a
chuckle over that.

Most likely a bad switch, easily jumped oiut to check and look for a
overheat swictch breaker...

Probably not worth spending much money to fix. I buy my electric
chansaws at garage sales flea market. 10 bucks can get you a nice one.
I I try and buy several of the exact same model for easy parts
interchangeability.

When chainsawing stuff I want to cut and NOT spend time messing with
saw.

With more than one hitting a nail in a tree means I just swap saws and
keep going, no next hour getting a chain.

I LOVE REDUNDANCY, plus I am always cutting with a sharp chain!