Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert11

Default For You Expert Painters Out The Making A Straight Line: How ?

Hello:

Will be painting a portion of a ceiling, but not the whole thing.

So, I am faced with the problem of painting a nice, straight (junction)
line.

I thought I would just use the 3M Blue tape, but have read that this is
really only good for large "splatters" and protection, and not really good
for trying to define a line.

Reason apparently being, that no matter what one does, a little paint always
runs under the tape by capillary action if you paint over the tape in trying
to make the straight, smooth line.

So, how does one do this ?

Is there a special brush, or... ?

Special techniques, etc. ?

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
B.