Posted to alt.home.repair
ianjones

Default Water Heater Gives Shock

How do I determine what types they are?

Colbyt wrote:
"ianjones" wrote in message
ups.com...
New development: I now don't have hot water (I did afeter I installed
everything) - so something happened after all that - this seems
coincidental and leads me to believe I have screwed something up!

Check the style and pick up a couple of elements while you are out today.
There are two types, screw in and bolt in. If yours are the screw in type
your might also need an element wrench (just a cheap over sized socket).

The process of moving the heater could have caused some scale to flake off
and speed up the failure rate. Bottom one dies first 90% of the time. Low
volume users never miss it until the top one dies. No HW says they are both
dead, or a wire burnt in to, or the breaker tripped.

Colbyt