Posted to rec.woodworking
Brad

Default How do you make a Power Cord Spring?

I posted this in another group and was asked to move it here... The
saw is a Sears Craftsman Computerized Radial Arm Saw model: 118198610

I am replacing the power cord on a Radial Arm Saw and unfortuately, the

manufacturer does not just supply the cord but you have to buy the cord

with the motor. The power cord is coiled (like a spring) so as the saw

moves across the arm, the cord is stretched and as it moves back, the
cord contracts into a tight spring and stays out of the way. I plan on

getting an extension cord to replace the bad one, but the question is:
How do you make a straight cord to contain a permanent coil?

Any help is greatly appreciated.