Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fitz

Default Pre-compacted hardcore thickness

I've been googling for this but I seem to have lost my mojo.

I'm going to be laying a patio soon and plan to use a 75mm layer of
compacted dtp1 on top of soil. Then bedding layer and then flags.

The thing I can't seem to find is any indication of how thick the
uncompacted layer of dtp1 should be so that after the appropariate
number of passes with a whacker plate it compacts down to ~75mm. Shoudl
it be 80mm, 85 mm, 150mm or what? I'm not after millimeter perfect I
just have no idea how much this stuff will compact.

I've ben using the excellent pavingexpert site and I have a horrible
feeling it will say somewhere on there, but I havn't found it yet.

thanks in advance

--
Steve F