Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Washing machine drain

On 1 Jun 2006 09:46:13 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

Can I tee into the soil stack just behind the
toilet?

Unless the connection uses one of the patent fittings then the new
connection must be more than IIRC 100mm from the toilet connection.

If this is not feasible because of obstructions, the Sanilav, which
uses 22mm pipe can rise up and across the loft and connect onto the
stack outside. It may be tricky getting the 22mm pipe out of the eves.
Does it have to be copper pipe?

They have a web site with lots of details. From memory pushfit
joints (obviously) and flexible pipe are frowned upon.

Sanilav have a model that is about
£210 for basins and showers. Would this do a washing machine and
condensing dryer? I can't see why not. I "think" it has a 22mm
discharge pipe.

They do a few models designed specifically for the hot waste from
washing equipment.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh