Posted to misc.consumers.house
Lady

Default Ended up buying my roomie's condo. Should I compensate buyer's agent?

"D. Gerasimatos" wrote in message
In article NK1eg.3009$lN5.14@trnddc04, Lady wrote:

You can ask anything you want - doesn't mean it will happen -- if I was
selling a condo without an agent and someone came in and made and offer
and
expected me to pay the fee I would not accept the offer -- if I wanted to
pay a agent I would not have listed it as a for sale by owner!

A bird in the hand...

Whether your decision would be wise or not depends on your local real
estate market and to some extent luck.

Did you know that some of the best sources of listings for agents are
FSBOs? They're also some of the best sources to look for bargains for
buyers.

Dimitri

Agreed -- and if you plan on doing a FSBO you need to do your homework first
and know the area you are selling in