Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT

Default Neighbor with bright light

BB gun

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
oups.com...
My next door neighbor has one of those big bright "barn yard" mercury
vapor lights mounted up high on a 40ft. telephone pole (power company
rented light). Recently, the bulb burned out in it; I thought this was
great because my family could be outside at night or swimming in the
pool without a glaring harsh light shining in our eyes and putting up
with the old lady watching us through her cracked window blinds
(thinking we can't see her; yeah right), but the power company came a
few days ago and changed it, now it is 3X brighter then ever. It shines
through my bedroom window blinds.

My neighbor is an old lady who thinks someone will break into her house
if she doesn't have a industrial light in her back yard, Frankly, I
think she only has it there so she can watch what the neighbors are
doing at night; thats all. There isn't much crime in my town.

Could I call the power company to have it sheilded or disconnected? or
to at least tell them to replace it with a normal-sized porch motion
flood light? These damn lights are responsible for polluting the sky at
night.

BTW: I told her about it; I asked her politely to do something about
it, but she doesn't ever listen to anyone.

Thanks, John