Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Delta Mortiser

wrote in message

Have an MBA myself, and work for a manufacturer that employs almost a
third of a million people.

Not a day goes by that I don't want to bitch-slap fully half my
company's product planners.

I don't really have a point here, other than I guess to say not all
MBAs are bad people, Swingman. Although I was a very messy baby...
;-)

Right, like lawyers, it is the 98% of them that give the other 2% a bad
reputation. Too many people that have great book learning have never had
any practical experience. Some of the blame is to the companies that give
them a nice office and neglect to give them a few weeks on the factory floor
to see how things are really made.

I could go on for hours with real life examples of that sort of thing and
no, it does not have to be an MBA, just a person with no "practical"
education. You know you are in trouble when a conversation starts out with
"on paper this will . . . . . ".