Posted to alt.home.repair
PDQ

Default Where to vent bathroom fan

The waste stack for the toilet/sink in the attic is the best.

Do not use the accordion style vent pipe as the accordion will allow moisture to condense in it.

Use something like abs or pvc pipe of an inside diameter sufficient to allow coupling to the fan vent.

Run the pipe from the fan outlet to the toilet vent stack and join the two pipes via a mechanical sleeve.

If the bath has an outside wall and you cannot get to the attic, a direct vent on the outside wall works.

--
PDQ