Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great

Default Track lighting on GFCI

On Wed, 31 May 2006 10:23:24 -0400, "Matt"
wrote:

A question for the electricians on this BB:

I have a track light that will not work with a GFCI enabled circuit. No
issues if I take the light bulbs out of the sockets. If I replace either
bulb or both bulbs the GFCI blows as soon as the switch is thrown. If I
place the track light onto a non-GFCI circuit all is fine. Of course, the
GFCI circuit is now fine as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt

I don't know why you have it on a GFCI protected circuit, so this is
just a guess.

I would take it off of it, if I couldn't I would then wonder if the
GFCI is 'too sensitive'. I was told as GFCI circuitry failed, it
failed 'safer', tripping a lot.

later,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com