Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2nd plumbing air pressure test

I'm installing a half-bath (toilet, sink) on my second floor. I'm doing
the work myself. Right after the rough-in was finished, the city
inspector came in to inspect. At that point, I had to perform an air
pressure test on the new lines. It passed.

After I am done with the rest of the project (i.e. with sink and toilet
in place and hooked up), the inspector will come back to have me
perform a SECOND test. This second test will also be an air pressure
test, but will also involve putting a tube down into the trap of the
toilet.

Anyhow, can anyone fill me in on the details of this test? I'm not
really confident that I know what I'm supposed to do. For instance, if
the sink is installed, where do I hook up the pressure gauge (the gauge
mechanism is also is where I pump the air into the system)? What is
this tube going into the toilet trap business? What is being tested
with this test?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim F