Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

Default New Orleans.

On Fri, 26 May 2006 13:33:20 -0400, Guess who
wrote:

A young colleague of mine is taking a crew of his high school
students to New Orleans to help rebuild. I can't go due to health
reasons, but have given him several hundred dollars worth of tools,
both electric and hand tools, all in excellent/new condition. They
will be left there when they have to leave.

If anyone is aware of what might be needed in particular, please let
me know ASAP. No need to go overboard with suggestions, but there
must be real documented needs in this area. So please avoid an entire
hardware-store catalogue.

Thanks.

I"ve spent several weeks down there (Biloxi, Pass Christian). Dry
wall lifts to help amateurs hang dry wall on ceilings. Dry wall
drivers. Drywall T-squares. Anything to do with drywall. Insulation
staplers. A voltage meter to test outlets and tools to replace them.

The charity organization I worked through had some of everything but
not enough of anything to cover all the houses they were assigning
volunteers to.

In my case, the sponsor had a couple of superintendents running the
volunteer crews. If you can get them on a cell phone a few days ahead
of time they will be able to tell you what the assignments will be and
what they are short.

Frank