Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Security Grilles

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 21:06:27 +0100, "mark blackall"
wrote:

|Hi All,
|
|I am looking for window security grilles (ideally, some sort of wire mesh
|system that can be easily removed during the day) for a window I have that
|is 5' x 5'.
|
|I have looked at having roller shutters fitted but this is too much money,
|so any suggestions gratefully received. I have had a look around but
|everything I seem to find is very decorative, I just want a basic system.

I have fitted 1 ins sq, welded, galvanised wire, about 16SWG over the
outside of some windows. Fixed with posidrive 10SWG screws into plastic
plugs at about 12 ins centres all round. When fitted put a drill into
the crosshead so that they can not be removed without drilling them out
completely. Does not look nice, but it works.